Car Insurance under 21- 5 Tips On Getting It Cheap
Being young is NOT the greatest of things when it comes to car insurance! Did you know that drivers under the age of 21 account for only 7% of drivers in the country but pay about 32% of premiums? Sad, but true! The fact is, there are a number of ways in which you can cut down on your premiums when you are going for car insurance under 21. Want to know how? We'll tell you'.
Why is car insurance under 21 an expensive proposition?
Well, simply put, young drivers are more of a risk to the insurance provider. According to a recently conducted research, drivers under 21 are 10 times more likely to be involved in car crashes compared to drivers belonging to other age groups! Not very encouraging, is it?
In order to compensate for such risks, car insurance under 21 often entails high premiums.
Okay, I Got That. But How Do I Lower My Premiums?
There are a number of ways in which you can ensure that you pay the lowest of premiums possible when you are buying car insurance under 21 years of age.
- Choose with care-every car you buy comes under a particular insurance band. This determines the value and risk the insurance provider assigns on your vehicle. When you a buy a car in a lower band, you automatically pay a lower premium on it.
- Improve the security- your car's security plays a big role in the amount of premium you have to pay. When you increase the security of your car, you lower the premiums you pay on it. For instance, immobilizers, alarms, glass etching and an easily identifiable vehicle identification number goes a long way towards increasing the security of your car and lowering the premiums you pay.
- Go with the specifications-When you are looking for car insurance under 21 years of age, keep the specifications of your car in mind. For instance, alloy wheels and low hydraulics may look attractive on your car, but is it really worth it if you have to pay higher premiums for them?
- Keep your usage in mind- many policies are particular about you usage. For instance, are you going to use the car for social or domestic purposes? Keep these in mind when you're going for a policy. If you are going to use the car to impress that beauty at high school only, you don't really need a comprehensive package. However, if you are going to use your car frequently, take a look at all the packages offered by the companies. Don't pay for something you don't really need!
- Shop around-you should always take a look at the different policies on offer before you decide on one.
Car insurance under 21 is often expensive. However, you have a way around it. Shop around with our tips in mind-you will get the best option for yourself!
About the Author:
It's not hard to get car insurance under 21, right? If you are still facing problems or wish to understand more, simply visit www.evro-broker.com. Comparing quotes is the only way to find the best deal on auto insurance!Author: Robert Linley